I'm proud to work with Calgary-based Pixx Imaging for my light boxes.
A light box is pretty much the fanciest way to display an image. It does need to be plugged in so make sure you can either conceal the wire or run it in the wall! The image is printed on translucent film and backlit by LEDs with a 2" black satin frame. The size you order is the print itself, not including the frame. To protect the print and add a finishing touch, it is fronted with 1/8" thick non-glare acrylic. The LEDs are rated to last 50,000 hours.
The translucent film print can be easily removed without tools, so if you ever want to switch things up, simply contact me. It's much cheaper than ordering another entire light box!
If you'd like to see just how stunning a backlit print is, I recommend watching this video on YouTube. I have no affiliation with this user.
Please contact me for a custom quote if you:
- Are located outside of Canada or the USA
- Need a custom size or crop
As each print is custom-made to order, sales are final and no returns are accepted. If your print is damaged or lost in transit, a new one will be made and sent out.
All prints are archival and museum-quality. However, as with all print products, please avoid displaying them in direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
To store or transport your print, use bubble wrap.
Care must be taken when cleaning your light box:
- only use microfiber towels - regular towels or paper towels can scratch the surface
- wipe any debris off first - if there is significant debris, you may want to blast it with some compressed air
- the front is acrylic - use specialized plastic cleaner
- do not use ammonia or alcohol-based products
- start wiping from the center outwards, in a circular motion
- if you need to handle the film print itself, use gloves to avoid any fingerprint smudges